Skip to main content

College-bound Athletes


College-bound student-athletes planning on attending a Division I or Division II institution should register with the NCAA Eligibility Center at the beginning of their junior year of high school. At the end of their junior year, students should request to have an official transcript which includes six semesters/ nine trimesters of grades submitted to the Eligibility Center. Students should also have their SAT or ACT scores forwarded directly to the Eligibility Center whenever they take the exam. Students need to check with their counselor each year to verify the classes they are taking match the NCAA list of approved core courses for Oak Harbor High School.

For further information, please see the NCAA website.

Student-athletes should also contact their coaches to discuss college athletic recruiting procedures as early as possible.

There are many books available on this topic, so you may wish to visit your local library or purchase more information on this subject.