Skip to main content

Moving & Withdrawal

Student Withdrawal Process

Moving Away?

We would like to make your transition from our school to your new one as smooth as possible.  Providing advance notice and addressing the items below will help you with the transition.

Notify the Oak Harbor High School Registrar: Please send a note in with your student or stop by the Counseling Center. We would like to know in advance your student’s last day of school, the name of your student’s new school, the City and State you are heading to, your contact phone number, email, and we'll need a signature from you. This will help us prepare your student’s withdrawal form ahead of time.  

Verify the Last Day for the New School:  Depending on where you are heading, our school calendar may not align with the school calendar at the new school.  If this is the case, your student will need to work with their teacher, school counselor, and the registrar to ensure they have completed their trimester with Oak Harbor High School and are ready to transfer.

What Happens on the Student’s Last Day?  Students must attend school on their last day in order to follow through on the withdrawal process. On their last day, they need to stop by the Registrar’s office and pick up their withdrawal form before going to their 1st class. Your student will check out with multiple staff members to get their withdrawal grades and the signatures needed to complete this process. At the end of the day, your student returns the completed form to the registrar, so she can give them a packet for you to take with you to expedite their registration process at their new school. If this process does not get completed, it may hold up your student registration process and delay enrollment at their new school.

Return Books & Clear Fines: Textbooks and library books must be returned by the student’s last day of school. Any outstanding books will be placed on the fine list. Make sure your student’s fines are all cleared prior to withdrawing. This will help expedite sending of the official records to the new school. We are unable to send official records while there are outstanding fines.

Special Education Students: Contact Ms. Rocha 360-279-5047, at the District Office so she can prepare a copy of your student’s Individualized Education Plan and Evaluation for you to take with you.

Food Service Balance: Please check the balance on your student’s Food Service Account. If they have a negative balance, please send payment in with them. Should they have a positive balance, please contact the Oak Harbor School District Office at 360-279-5000 for a refund.

Medication in the OHHS Health room: We want to ensure that your student’s leftover medication is safely returned to your home. If applicable, please make arrangements to pick up all medication at the OHHS Health room. Please take note that any medication left in the health room will be destroyed. Our hope is to make this transition as smooth as possible. Please contact us at 360-279-5711 should you have any questions.

Leaving at the end of the school year?

Fill out the Student Withdrawal (End of School Year) form.  Return the form to Mrs. Schurr, Counseling Secretary, or Mrs. Dahl, Registrar, as soon as you know you are leaving over the summer break.

The Registrar will send official transcripts to the new school after receiving the Student Withdrawal School Year form, and all fines have been cleared.  If you are moving overseas, we will make arrangements for you to hand-carry your records.